Separation Anxiety Support
Separation Anxiety is hard to deal with. That’s why we want to get you the support you need in order to overcome it. As a Certified Separation Anxiety Trainer, we are well versed in using systematic desensitization to help teach your pet that they don’t need to panic when you exit the door. Not sure if your pet has separation anxiety? If your pet experiences any of the following, set up a free pre consult today:
- Excessive barking when you’re gone
- Destructive behavior
- Escaping the crate
- Urinating or defecating while you’re gone, when normally potty training is not an issue
- Excessive drooling
- And more!
Set up your free pre-consult to talk with an expert!
The Happy Alone Package
Anxiety loves information, so that’s what we’ll give you! Throughout this program you’ll learn to read your pet’s body language with ease, you’ll learn more about their thresholds and what they can tolerate at any given time, and you’ll have an expert to guide you every step of the way. We ask you to commit to 4 weeks of training at a time in order to ensure that you make progress, and your assignments day to day will be very clear and easy to follow.
What you’ll get:
- Weekly reassessments live on zoom to determine your pet’s limits for the week ahead and progress thus far
- Customized daily “missions” that help teach your pet to be comfortable alone- these will be provided 4 days a week. That’s right, you get 2 days off from training so this will work with your daily life
- A customized spreadsheet that helps you communucate with your trainer, provides data tracking and charts so you can watch the progress, and all the information you could need day to day
- An expert to guide you through this whole process so you never have to feel alone or like you’re not doing it “right”.
In order to get started, you’ll want to schedule an initial evaluation ($250, 60-90 minutes, via zoom).At that appointment we’ll discuss:
- Management- a key component to success is making sure your pet is never alone unless they can handle it. We’ll brainstorm ideas together to make sure they have a trusted friend when not practicing being alone
- How to use the spreadsheet- it looks like a lot but it’s simple to use, we’ll go over everything!
- Assessment- we’ll have you leave your dog alone while live on zoom so your trainer can watch exactly what happens when you’re not home so we can build your customized behavior plan. This will be recorded so you can watch later, or you can join from a second device and watch live.
- Missions overview- your missions are your daily homework. They approximate leaving at varying intensities so your pet learns it’s safe. These missions should take about 20-30 minutes 4x a week.
- Vet collaboration- if we decide we need the veterinarian or a veterinary behaviorist on the team, we’ll discuss what that looks like and you’ll be provided with a vet report. Your trainer is also available to interface with the veterinarian directly, should you like.